A Bedroom is primarily used for Sleeping, Resting, Convalescing, Dressing/Undressing, Storing Clothes, Personal Care etc which means it has to be a very private space away from the rooms meant for entertaining guests. A Bedroom is also used for other activities like Reading, Writing, Studying, Working, Watching TV, Listening to music, Caring for Infants, Sewing, Telephoning, Drawing/Painting, Doing Exercise, Hobbies, Storing bulk/seasonal items and should have calm and peace. Therefore in designing a Bedroom, one has to know some planning considerations:
WHAT ARE THE PLANNING CONSIDERATIONS FOR A BEDROOM?
- The number of occupants of the bedroom – whether Single Occupancy or Double Occupancy.
- The age of the occupants – whether a Master Bedroom, Children’s Bedroom or a Guest Bedroom.
- Size and type of Furniture.
- Space allowance for Furniture.
- Clearance and space around the Furniture for movement.
- Storage space for clothes, dressing etc